Hi y’all! I know you’re all busy pinching pennies like myself, but put those pennies down for a minute and join me on this fun and easy tutorial. Better yet: roll those pennies and use them to purchase the three ingredients for this tinted glass project!
1. A clear glass object. Any one will do. I purchased mine for $1.25 at Target…just to test the waters with.
2. Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre
Here’s what you’ll do (the fun part):
1. Line a sheet tray with a few layers of paper towels.
2. Mix some mod Podge with the color of your choice in a paper bowl. I was going for an aqua color, so I mixed a little bit of blue and green. No measuring is required. Just make sure you have enough to thoroughly coat the glass.
3. Pour the mixture into your glass and turn until the inside surface is covered. This is where the paper towels come in.
4. Turn glass upside down on the paper towels and set your timer for 1 hour. While you wait, you can Netflix and chill, take a bubble bath or give yourself a pat on the back for being a badass DIY’er!
Let’s get cooking!
Here’s what you’ll do:
Remove glass from paper towels, place on a wax paper lined sheet pan, and bake at 225 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Now you just let it cool and revel in the fact that you just made something super cool!
This project was inspired by a glass pendant light I’d like to make. My goal is to make a set of three for overhead lighting in the kitchen.
It would look a little something like the above photo, but these retail for around $160 EACH. Now that I’ve tested the waters with tinting glass, I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to do it myself for under $100 total.
But that DIY is for a future post, so stay tuned!