Rob over at the V-Pub extended this challenge and I’m more than happy to accept. https://weight2lose2013.wordpress.com
I can’t get the graphic to load with my new iPad, but it’s a red half heart and a black half heart. You get the gist.
In this challenge, I have to list ten things that I love and then ten things that I hate. Then, I’ll nominate 10 bloggers to do the same.
Here goes: (I’m starting with hate because you deserve a happy ending)
1. I hate festivals,parades and marathons. No, I’m not a curmudgeon. I just happen to live in downtown, where these events take place every weekend. What this means to me is road closures,bumper to bumper traffic puke on the sidewalks. We had plans to go kayaking this past Sunday but literally were shut in until 5 p.m., thanks to The Ironman Triathlon. Bah humbug!
2. I hate the rude cell phone user. Don’t use your phone like a walkie-talkie and don’t text and drive. I don’t care to hear both ends of your VERY loud conversation, and I really don’t like when you drift in to my lane while texting improper sentences.
3. I hate text/hashtag speech. IDK y? UC, I just think dat it’s stoopid. But hey-YOLO!
4.I hate that there are very talented writers trying to get published but are passed over for the likes of the pis-poor writing of “50 Shades of Grey”. I hate that this talentless writer has created an empire built on her talentless writing.
5. I hate Cilantro. It tastes like soap suds to me. And yes, I have had my mouth washed out with soap.
6. I hate anything Kardashian.
7. I hate undisciplined children in public places. I don’t hate the kids, just the poor parenting. Where’s that bar of soap when you need it?
8. I hate the Pub Trolley. The pub trolley (if you don’t know) is an open-air, pedal-powered trolley that lets riders mix drinking and exercising while taking in the sights. Sounds fun right? These obnoxious drunks can’t stop “whoo-ing” and they expect you to “whoo” back, while you’re simply trying to get your easily distracted pooch to finish her business.
9. I hate forced small talk. I love real conversations and I am engaging in that way. Being awkwardly stuck on an elevator with a stranger and trudging through banal chit-chat is so out of my comfort zone.
10. I hate that no matter what cooking competition show you watch, they always have the contestants pose with their arms crossed over their chests. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, just watch any competitive cooking show!
And now, for love:
1. I love the word love. Who doesn’t?
2. I love kayaking. It’s equally strenuous and zen-like. I’ve yet to go sea-kayaking because I am terrified of sharks and have watched one too many YouTube videos relating to this.
3. I love the ocean. Derek and I have entertained the idea of moving to the coast but jobs in our line of work are very seasonal. Plus, they just have to do something about that shark problem!
4. I freaking love wasabi-soy almonds. They are my new snack obsession.
5. I love Gavi di Gavi white wine. If you love Pinot Grigio, you’ll really love Gavi di Gavi. For me, it’s like sucking on a semi-tart juicy peach. My favorite brand is Sant Evasio.
6. I love being tan. Yes. I know that’s taboo but I do use sunscreen and am not “Tanorexic”.
7. I love a summer dress. Getting dressed in the summer takes 30 seconds and I love that.
8. I love bathing suit shopping. Whoops! Meant to put that on my hate list.
9. I love good manners: a child who says please and thank you, a person who holds the door open for others, a shopper with a full cart who lets you cut in line if you only have a few items.
10. I love the great outdoors. I’m such a girlie-girl and love the color pink, but I don’t mind “roughing it” under a canopy of stars.
Do you accept this challenge?